Hev's Reviews > Mythago Wood

Mythago Wood by Robert Holdstock

Jan 04, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: my-dog-ate-it

My dog ate it. I had just got to the part where the protagonist's brother returns from a stint in the forest. I absently laid the book open face-down on top of the dog's night time crate (terrible way to treat your books boys 'n' girls) and went to bed. I came down the next morning to find that the little...darling had been grabbing at it through the bars all night. Consequently the thicker section, the part I had yet to read, had been reduced to a doilie-type affair, the delicate confetti on the floor of the crate a comforting sign that at least the little...poppet had not ingested much of it. Ironically, the section of the book which I had already read remained untouched.

Still, what I had read of it seemed promising, if a little impenetrable. The father's diary entries gave it the feel of the Myst and Uru computer games for me. Beyond that I can't really comment. I had had trouble getting hold of this book originally, but who knows. Maybe one day I will come across another copy and be able to edit this review with my full-time score.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mythago Wood.