Annie's Reviews > Shakespeare's Champion

Shakespeare's Champion by Charlaine Harris

Jan 27, 11

bookshelves: kept-after-reading, read-in-2011
Read from January 23 to 27, 2011

Let me start out by saying that Lily Bard is a bad a**! She's tough, determined, & doesn't take crap from anyone!

This book starts off with one mystery and ends up with about 5 or 6 by the end of it. Different from the first book in the series, which focused on only events surrounding one murder. I'll admit I got alittle confused with all the events going on, especially since Harris doesn't always explain who people are/they're background stories at first. I honestly thought the mystery death had something to do with the "fitness world" but ended up being about racism going around in the town. Touchy subject but Harris portrayed it well. You can't help but think about all the little back woods towns like Shakespeare around the country dealing with the same ignorant problems as this mystery. Made me want to go out & kiss some butt!

As the stories unfold you start to realize the connection between the events happening. Harris brings in a bunch of new interesting characters that I enjoyed being in there. Most were not good guys, but they were definetly interesting.... which is why I love Harris so much. Her characters are fun and exciting.

I really wish I could see a picture of Lily though because it seems like every guy wants a piece of her! geeez woman!

I enjoyed this book alot more than the first, which is saying something. I have already ordered the next 3 books in this series. I just hope Lily doesn't get hurt as many times as she did this time! There's not going to be any scarless skin on her body by the time Harris is done with her!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shakespeare's Champion.