Jennifer at BookShelfery's Reviews > Bloodfever

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

Feb 15, 11

bookshelves: favorites, purchased

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodfever.

Quotes Jennifer at BookShelfery Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Every time I think I’m getting smarter I realize that I’ve just done something stupid. Dad says there are three kinds of people in the world: those who don’t know, and don’t know they don’t know; those who don’t know and do know they don’t know; and those who know and know how much they still don’t know.

Heavy stuff, I know. I think I’ve finally graduated from the don’t-knows that don’t know to the don’t-knows
that do.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I was about to look away when he reached across the seat, touched my jaw with his long, strong, beautiful fingers, and caressed my face.
Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It’s like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Have you ever had one of those moments when time just freezes? You
know, when the world suddenly goes deathly still, and you could hear a
pin drop, and the squishing sound your heart makes is so loud in your
ears you feel like youre drowning in blood, and you stand there in that
suspended moment and die a thousand deaths, but not really, and the
moment passes and dumps you out on the other side of it, with your
mouth hanging open, and an erased blackboard where your mind used to
be?”

Karen Marie Moning
“I don’t know where dreams come from. Sometimes I wonder if they’re genetic memories, or messages from something divine. Warnings perhaps. Maybe we do come with an instruction booklet but we’re too dense to read it, because we’ve dismissed it as the irrational waste product of the ‘rational’ mind. Sometimes I think all the answers we need are buried in our slumbering subconscious, int he dreaming. The booklet right there, and ever night when we lay our heads down on the pillow it flips open. The wise read it, heed it. The rest of us try as hard as we can upon awakening to forget any disturbing revelations we might have found there.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I couldn‘t tell the difference between the two of you anymore!" he roared.

I smashed my fist into his face. Lies roll off us. It‘s the truths we work hardest to silence.

Then you weren‘t looking hard enough! I‘m the one with boobs!"

I know you‘re the one with boobs!They‘re in my fucking face every fucking time I turn around!”