Kim's Reviews > unSweetined

unSweetined by Jodie Sweetin

Apr 01, 11

bookshelves: t-for-trash
Read in March, 2011

As many of us did, I grew up watching TGIF which included Full House as one of the shows in its lineup so when this book came out I was fairly interested in reading it. I hadn't heard much about what had happened to her after Full House closed so the news about meth and all the other crazy partying she got into was not really shocking (as it seems to be a path many child actors go down) as it was a disheartnening. Even as I Kindled my way through this book I just could not picture her doing all of the somewhat wild (yet tame compared to other addiction stories I have read) and mainly selfish things that she did.

All in all it was a very fast read but other than a little background on how things were on the set of Full House it was your usual run of the mill "I was an addict and am now in recovery for good after many slipups" type of book and even that lacked any significant details. The book felt rushed and if things were really this bad I have to imagine that she left a lot of important aspects out of it which is a little pointless if you're going to pen a tell all novel.

If anything, the book made me want to read Candace Cameron's new book after the wonderful and passionate way Jodie spoke about her and the unfortunate turn their friendship took during Jodie's darkest days but has since been rekindled. It is one of the next on my list to read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read unSweetined.