Ken's Reviews > The Lost Symbol

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Mar 13, 11

bookshelves: fiction, thriller, mythology
Read from March 01 to 14, 2011

I read the Da Vinci Code a few years ago, and to me the plot of this book is very similar to DVC in that Robert Langdon and a female lead are on the run, trying to solve one of the world's ancient mysteries while being followed by a religious mad man.

Brown uses a clean break for this novel so it is accessible to readers who have not read his previous novels but if you have read his previous novels, you will find no further development of the characters or relationships between them. The entire plot consists of Langdon running around with his companion decoding one code after another other, often using a method that seems so obvious to the readers later on.

The plot is fast paced and filled with interesting background information on the Freemasons just as the previous novel was filled with background on Christianity. Brown also makes an interesting point to say that God is within all of us as long as our mind wills it. This book is good for those who are interested in the ancient mysteries of the world, but don't expect to find anything to move the grand plot forward in this latest sequel to the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Symbol.

03/06/2011
39.0% "The plot thickens..."