Amanda's Reviews > The Bite Before Christmas

The Bite Before Christmas by Heidi Betts

Jan 10, 11

bookshelves: 2011, kindle, short-stories, free-kindle-books
Read from January 03 to 10, 2011

I got this one free through my Kindle and figured "what the heck?" It seemed like something that might amuse me and probably would be a little different.

The Bite Before Christmas contains three short stories. I'm not usually a fan of shorts just because I like details and I feel like I don't have time to really *love* the characters. The reason I read is to get lost in a story. I find I'm not able to do that with a shorter book.

TBBC was cute and probably what I was expecting. It follows three couples who are all connected in some way. Connor and Jillian, Vivian and Sean and Angelina and Ian. Angelina is a professional matchmaker and has a hand in the first two couples relationships.

I've never read anything else written by Heidi Betts so I can't really review her writing style as fully as I'd like. As short stories go, it was an ok read that was light and fluffy. The bonus is that it was free. I wish Goodreads allowed "half" stars as well. I liked it more than "two" but probably not "three".
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bite Before Christmas.