Rachel's Reviews > Internet Riches: The Simple Money-Making Secrets of Online Millionaires

Internet Riches by Scott Fox

F 50x66
Jan 28, 2008

I just bought my second copy of this book, because I have so many friends waiting to borrow it. It sparked me to start an internet business last spring, which has exceeded my expectations in every way. For those thinking about becoming self-employed, people wanting to earn a little extra cash on the side, or stay at home moms who want to work at home, this book will help. It gets your wheels churning with ideas, and gives specific steps on how to develop them. It covers everything from market research, to web design to marketing, and everything in between.

The one complaint I have, is that I did not have a great experience with the internet host the author recommended. (I'm assuming he is paid to endorse them. Maybe they are good and my experiences were a fluke? But I doubt it. I was not impressed with their customer service, and was hard-pressed to find someone who spoke English well when I did get through.) So I would definitely recommend shopping around for a better internet host if you start a site.

Beyond that, the book is very helpful, the language is geared toward the lay-person, and it gives many online money-making ideas beyond the obvious ones that come to mind.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Internet Riches.

message 1: by Rachelrennaker (new)

Rachelrennaker wow...i'm going to check this out rach. thanks for the suggestion. from your experience would it be an ideal way for a single mom to earn income?

Rachel Absolutely. The first couple months were busy setting everything up, but now I usually spend under an hour each day working. I squeeze a few minutes in when my girls are napping or after they go to bed. I love setting my own schedule. A lot of people start it for supplemental income, & end up completely supporting themselves on it. It's such a huge blessing for moms! After reading the book, if you want any of the resources I have used, shoot me an email. Good luck!

message 3: by Rachelrennaker (new)

Rachelrennaker cool. i ordered it yesterday. i like that idea a lot. so is your business a maternity store for tall gals? how did you come up with that idea (oh, wait...let me guess. you were frustrated with your options when you were pregnant??!). seems like you found a good niche. how profitable has it been for you(just an estimate is good).

i'm spinning some ideas in my head. thanks for your help. i am also still formulating some ideas based on your blogging suggestion.

stay warm!!!

Rachel I'll email you with some details...

message 5: by Scott (last edited Mar 10, 2008 10:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scott Fox Rachel,

Thanks so much for your 5 star review of Internet Riches. I'm pleased to hear that it was so helpful to you.

Please visit ScottFox.com and email us some details on your new venture.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with IPW. I revoked my endorsement of them earlier this year due to issues exactly as you describe. Unfortunately there's no way to update all the copies of Internet Riches already in print.

Please subscribe to my free email newsletter at my E-Business Success Blog to get updates from me on topics like that, plus online marketing tips, startup strategy, and vendor recommendations.

Best regards,
Scott Fox
Author, Internet Riches

message 6: by Rachelrennaker (new)

Rachelrennaker uhhhh, wow. that was pretty cool!

scott fox, i have some questions for you. maybe i'll come email you too.

rachel (the other rachel)