Mitch Cave's Reviews > Rapture

Rapture by Lauren Kate

Jul 10, 12

Read from June 15 to July 10, 2012

My ideal ending for this series:
Luce dies by a fail transplant of angel wings and thought it'd be a good idea to fly off a cliff -- the one in the cover -- with Daniel.

THE END.

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Nonononono, I'm totally kidding. Lauren Kate's ending was much better than mine.

Her writing is so atmospheric and nostalgic. It really hits close to home, especially this book. Right from the start the book had my interest and picked up straight into action in barely the first two or three chapters. As far as this book goes, I really liked the direction it was leading up to and the high stakes at risk.

Here's what I was really let down by:
The final battle. The Fall! I expected so much more. A huge battle with swords and whatever. The final conflict was really...different to what I wanted to happen. I was prepping it up the whole book and even got butterflies before-hand and then it just changed.
Another thing I was let down by was the pacing. There just wasn't enough scenes in this book to kind of remember, if that makes sense. It just all flew by in action scenes and what not. Most of the book, they're basically flying, which was kind of a bummer.
Another thing was some things just didn't make sense. Lauren Kate brought out these brilliant twists, but they were just out of the blue -- in a bad way. She didn't explain why they were meant to be, they just happened. A lot of really weird shit happened toward the end which didn't even make sense either.

The ending:
I LOVED the ending! I was so surprised at how perfect the ending was. I can't honestly stop thinking about it.
Others may disagree and say it was cheesy, but I loved the ending so much. Not really the epilogue, but that's another story.
It was just the perfect way to end the series.

For the most part, I really enjoyed this book and liked the series (except for book two and three...ugh).

A great ending to the series! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.

06/15/2012 page 53
06/16/2012 page 88
20.0% "This book is...great."
06/30/2012 page 264
59.0% 2 comments
07/05/2012 page 344
77.0% "About freakin' time!"
07/10/2012 page 394
88.0% "That was kind of...pointless." 1 comment
show 12 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kendal (new) - added it

Kendal Reeves Wait I am reading Fallen right now, its okay. But you didn't like Torment? I just got the book because i thought it would be good since the first Lauren Kate book is okay so far?!

Mitch Cave A lot of people really like it, but I have certain expectations, etc. Fallen was my favourite book at the time, so when I picked up the sequel I thought it was going to be this amazing masterpiece but my expectations were let down due to school and lack of reading, so that kind of made it worse.
You may or may not enjoy it, that's all I'm saying. Just because I didn't like it, doesn't mean you won't! :)

message 3: by Kendal (new) - added it

Kendal Reeves Ahhh Okay Thanks! Who was your fav character in Fallen?

Mitch Cave I really like Arriane! They're all great. Ah, I miss the first book of the Fallen series. The first book is the best.

Mitch Cave Who's your favourite?

message 6: by Kendal (new) - added it

Kendal Reeves Ahhh I must say it has to be Daniel! I love his sense of humor! I love the part where Luce was staring at him and was blushing but looks at him again and he smiled and flicked her off! :3

message 7: by Kendal (new) - added it

Kendal Reeves Just finished the book!

message 8: by Zoe (new)

Zoe YES. I know this sounds rather evil, but Luce really needs to die. I would've been happier if she died in the third, but the final novel will suffice.

Lydia I liked Fallen at the beginning but now I'm just kinda bored and sick of it :p