Jamie's Reviews > Undead and Unfinished

Undead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson

Jan 12, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: audio-books, action, adventure, humour, mythical-creatures, twisted-humor, vampire-adventure, wtf-never-again
Read from January 03 to 12, 2011

What a total let down! I originally thought maybe my lack of intrest for the 9th Undead book was due to the narrator (listened to this in MP3 format)but it was due to both the narrator and the story. I get why the story went the way it did, and the ending still sucked for me anyway, but it just seemed very sporadic up until there was an actual goal to the story. I loved all the Undead books, and yes, Betsy being a total flake gets old, but this one just sucked. Maybe I will try and read the book since my intrest really couldn't focus on listening to the story being told, but I think I will still have the same reaction. I expected something way different to end this series, not a "happily ever after" ending but something that made sense! After the Epilogue, I just looked at my CD player in my car and said "really? What was the point?" Major upset for me, but to each is their own I always say.
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undead and Unfinished.

01/11/2011 "I'm just about done with this one, I think I have 10 tracks left...as much as I loved the Undead series, I can't say I really like this one...maybe it's the narrator..."

Lady Sal Believe me, it wasn't the narrator's fault, the book was a bit of a let down.
But, I see on Ms Davidson's website that she has two upcoming novels in the series, so I'm thinking, maybe, hopefully, Betsy finds a way to, um, alter the future for the better; for lack of a better phrase.
And maybe in book 11 we'll get our great ending.
But for now, I tuck my 9th undead book in a corner and pretend our shoe-fetish queen did not user our brooding hero's skin to make a book :shudders:

message 2: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Buchanan Yeah! What the hell was up with the epilogue!? I thought this book was the best in the series. Answered a few questions but brought up a ton more?! And gross. We fall more in love with Eric in this book to find out Laura skinned him for Betsy. That's just wrong! I hope Lady is right and there are more books to this series. If it ends here I will be greatly upset!