Judy's Reviews > Crescent Dawn

Crescent Dawn by Clive Cussler

Jan 07, 11

Recommended for: Anyone into adventure stories
Read from January 03 to 07, 2011

Slow in spots, Part 4 of the book showed up as a true Cussler - Dirk Pitt adventure. Now that part was fun to read. Ottoman shipwrecks; Roman-era artifacts and the Church of England not wanting people to learn about items found belonging to Jesus. All the usual characters who are fun. A little to much terrorist aspect for me, but I guess its what we know now. Once upon a time novels were about spy stuff and the cold war. A good read if you're not in a hurry and a true Dirk Pitt fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescent Dawn.

01/03/2011 "Just started, but I can't resist a Dirk Pitt novel. My hero."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzie (new)

Suzie Wentworth Was "Raise the Titanic" a Dirk Pitt novel? If so, it is the only one that I have read. I thought it was pretty good. That was ages ago!

Judy Suzie wrote: "Was "Raise the Titanic" a Dirk Pitt novel? If so, it is the only one that I have read. I thought it was pretty good. That was ages ago!"

Yes, he's written a lot of books. I usually like them and can't put them down, but this one had really slow spots. Finished it last night (well early this a.m.) and found Part 4 of the book the best. more like Cussler's previous books. Terrorist were involved and I guess watching the news and terrorist all over the place, not fun or a place escape.

I did like the fact most of the book was in Turkey (Istanbul) a place I will never visit so the traveling from my chair was great.