Jason Huffman-black's Reviews > Lover Unleashed

Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward

Apr 18, 11

bookshelves: a-list, ebook, m-m, urban-fantasy, vampires
Read from April 02 to 07, 2011

I miss the bad ass brothers, you know? Not Z walking around with a baby on his hip or V and Jane having marriage problems. meh...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Unleashed.

04/02/2011 page 109
22.0% "okay, if you know your husband is into S&M, why would you be shocked if he used wax on himself when he masturbated?"
04/02/2011 page 140
29.0% "but...V has subbed for Jane before. I thought they still played occasionally. I'm confused."
04/02/2011 page 143
29.0% "wtf? V and Jane have a problem for one day and she thinks 'my love won't survive forever with this.' Talk about cut and run when trouble comes." 3 comments
04/03/2011 page 200
41.0% "so what happened to Payne being this hardened warrior that was so fierce that she had to be locked away to protect others? What is it with the whimpering virgins?"
04/03/2011 page 204
42.0% "Please dear god, let Jane and V really be broken up!"
04/03/2011 page 206
42.0% "A surprising number of grown men cum in their pants in these books."
04/03/2011 page 220
45.0% "so now that all the BDB are too busy being married to be bad asses, a new gang of tough guys had to be brought in to fight the lessers? and wait! jacking off is cheating?"
04/03/2011 page 232
47.0% "Manny, the rock n roll poet."
04/04/2011 page 260
53.0% "oh yeah, lets castrate Qhuinn too because you can't have a mate and stay a bad ass. GUH! so no more hair or piercings."
04/05/2011 page 340
70.0% "V and Jane- "he'd always held her at arms length...shades of mommy issues after everything his mahmen had pulled" BUT...he didnt know his mom was when he met Jane!"

message 1: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya You must be talking about that asshat Jane.

Jason Huffman-black This book is making it seem that V just stopped enjoying S&M because of Jane. She was what he was missing because happy people don't need freaky shit like that ~rolls eyes~

message 3: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya But she was supposedly all for it in their book wasn't she? I am rolling me eyes right along with you Jason. I think that V should leave Jane and Butch should leave Marisa and then the males can get together like they should have from the beginning.

Jason Huffman-black I think V and Z and Wrath should have a threesome, myself. :D

message 5: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Oh Z.... I love the way you think!

MsMiz (Tina) Uh, wait - It needs butch in there...foursome then!

message 7: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya I am thinking the more the merrier with that bunch :)

Jason Huffman-black okay, I guess Butch can come along. :)

message 9: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya It is only fair to V considering how long he has had to wait.

Jason Huffman-black true dat :D

~~~Heather S.~~~ Ooooh I like the way you guys think!!

Denise Yeah, definitely have to include Butch!

Anita I always thought V and Butch should've been together. In this book, almost but no cigar! Bummer!

Jason Huffman-black ~pouts~

Chris Thoughts on the scenes with V and Butch?

Jason Huffman-black well, if someone had played on my fears like that, and I have serious past issues, I would be in a white coat in a padded room and I would never trust Butch again. But yeah...

Chris :(

Jason Huffman-black and you never take consent and then not listen to someone who wants it to stop.

Chris Well, since you finished reading the book, I know you didn't throw your ereader against the wall...

Jason Huffman-black nope, I just had a sad. :(

Chris *pets*

Anita I thought that was a bit wrong of Butch. I'm sure he had the best intentions but it could've pushed V over the edge in the wrong direction. He got lucky.

Jason Huffman-black yeah, I was disappointed in the way BDSM was displayed in the books. She made it seem like something people who havent found happiness do.

message 24: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Jason wrote: "yeah, I was disappointed in the way BDSM was displayed in the books. She made it seem like something people who havent found happiness do."

She has even implied that before Jason. How sick and twisted V actually is because of the BDSM...

Jason Huffman-black grrr...

message 26: by Allie (new) - added it

Allie I have always thought that NOT putting V & Butch together was a copout (and, to some extent, cowardly). Boooo!

Anita Allie wrote: "I have always thought that NOT putting V & Butch together was a copout (and, to some extent, cowardly). Boooo!"

I soooo agree with you! I just hope J.R. doesn't copout on Blay and Qhuinn.

message 28: by Mel (last edited Apr 19, 2011 07:33AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mel Did you guys read True? The V/Butch fanfic? It's so good!

ETA: I can send to whomever PMs their emailaddress to me :)

Jason Huffman-black oh dayum! I want!

~~~Heather S.~~~ Mel wrote: "Did you guys read True? The V/Butch fanfic? It's so good!

ETA: I can send to whomever PMs their emailaddress to me :)"

PMing you now!!

message 31: by Mel (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mel Okay done. Beware though: it's a Word file but I guess you guys have the means to convert it to the right format. :)

message 32: by Mel (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mel I'm sure you peeps are going to enjoy it. It's so good. I think it should be renamed: 'The one and only TRUE Vishous & Butch story', LOL.

I made a thread for it in the BDB group and I tried to get the authors to come to Goodreads so they could actually get the credit they deserve. They declined. Apparently they got a lot of crap from BDB fans who were trying to enforce JRW's anti-fanfiction policy. Ridiculous! Good fanfic is an ode to the author and her world!
So I say my dears: spread this around!

~~~Heather S.~~~ I spread it to my GR friends, thanks Mel! ITA about fanfiction.

Anita Ok, I'm new at this. What is PM my email? I want that fanfic on Butch and V!

Chris Anita wrote: "Ok, I'm new at this. What is PM my email? I want that fanfic on Butch and V!"

It means to send Mel a private message on Goodreads, Anita.

Anita Thanks!

message 37: by JenMcJ (new)

JenMcJ I want. I want

message 38: by Mel (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mel You got. You got.

Chris It is so, so, so good, isn't it, Mel? Now, if the authors would just write the Qhuay story, I'd be done with the BDB and much happier! ;)

message 40: by Mel (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mel LOL very true, Chris!

Jase, Jen (and Chris) I hope you guys spread the word on this in the m/m group. It's so good, it just needs to be read by many.
I'm so sad the girls responsible don't feel comfortable coming out in the open about it.

Chris I just pushed it on the author chat, Mel. :)

message 42: by Mel (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mel Oh great :)

Jason Huffman-black I'll post it on the author news on Monday. :)

message 44: by JenMcJ (new)

JenMcJ If it's hosted somewhere we can post a link in the group under free reads

Kerry Thanks Jase! I was going to PM Mel, but I think that I can wait until Monday.

And I completely agree with you, Chris. I want the Blay and Qhuinn story so that I can be done with the BDB. It just isn't working for me anymore.

Kerry Jason wrote: "and you never take consent and then not listen to someone who wants it to stop."

I'm always glad when you point out what is wrong with BDSM stories. I like to read BDSM, but am not in that lifestyle, so I don't necessarily know what is right and wrong. Butch asked "What are the rules?" and V said "There are none. Do whatever you want...but you have to break me. You've got to tear me apart." But I'll believe you, that given V's reaction, Butch should have stopped.

message 47: by Mel (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mel Jason wrote: "I'll post it on the author news on Monday. :)"

Well, JR Ward won't be appreciative...

JenMcJ wrote: "If it's hosted somewhere we can post a link in the group under free reads"

It's on LiveJournal, but almost impossible to navigate (at least to me), here's the link.
If people do how to navigate though, they can contact the authors and read the story on line.

Jason Huffman-black I posted it. :)

~~~Heather S.~~~ Starting True now, finally got it on my kindle.

~~~Heather S.~~~ Chris wrote: "It is so, so, so good, isn't it, Mel? Now, if the authors would just write the Qhuay story, I'd be done with the BDB and much happier! ;)"

Chris- did you read Lovers Destined? It's an awesome Qhuay fan fiction, a must read, so true to the characters!!

« previous 1