Trix's Reviews > Tigers and Devils

Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy

Jan 01, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: angst, coming-out, comedy, mm-novels, sports
Read from December 30, 2011 to January 01, 2012 , read count: 1

There were moments when I was thinking of rating this 2 stars. But by the end of the book, I decided on 3 stars.

While I enjoyed the bickering (and Simon could be really witty sometimes) and feel of the story in the beginning, as the plot progressed, I felt less involved with the characters. Throughout their problems, I couldn't feel any strong connection to make me empathise with their situation and hardships. On top of that, it seemed Declan's coming out was far too easy. Parents and media were ok. With such a celebrity (as he seemed to be), I found it hard to believe.

But then, I gradually came to like Simon and Declan more, to understand what was more relevant in the story, in how they came together. They had their issues, some you would expect and other that you didn't. Lack of communication as well as outside pressure will always influence a relationship. And I was happy that by the end of the book, I was left with a nice feeling of accomplishment and the sense that, true love will help conquer problems as well as offer compromises for the benefit of all parties involved.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigers and Devils.

12/30/2011 page 29
8.0% "I like their banter!"
12/31/2011 page 168
45.0% "Not as interesting now..."
12/31/2011 page 250
66.0% "The witty dialogue keeps the story interesting."