Zeek's Reviews > Lawe's Justice

Lawe's Justice by Lora Leigh

Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: favorites-pnr, alpha-hero, pnr, shifters
Read from December 17 to 18, 2011

Solid 4 stars, better than what's she's cranked out in a while! I'm really enjoying the missing breeds essential to learning about what is going on with Jonas and Rachel's baby storyline and I even like Gideon, the rogue breed running around dispensing justice for his own reasons.

As to the main couple, Lawe was absolutely yummy in his desperation to keep his emotions in check warring with his desperation for making Diane his own and I like that Diane would not compromise who she was for the sake of what her mate felt was best for her. (Although I like Rachel, who is Diane's sister, and would not want to see Diane with Jonas at all- I cant help but feel her warrior status would have suited the overbearing breed director much better.)

But, it tis what it tis- as I stated in my status, this series is not over, despite the death knell some have been tolling. Things are definitely left unanswered (like why Callen and Merrinus's boy cant abide little Amber!) and I want more! :P

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lawe's Justice.

12/17/2011 page 44
12.0% "I dont care what anyone says- this series is not over, nor is the author. just sayin" 9 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dina (new)

Dina Wow, 4 stars?! Is LL back on track? If that's the case, I might have to get back to the Breeds. ;)

Zeek Yes this one was hard to tear away from! But take this with he fact I've found something to like about all of them, even the ones I've been disappointed with (cabal's story) and the notoriously maledited ones! :P

But yeah, read this one- Callan & Merrinus are in it as well as Jonas and Rachel! (Also might help to read the short in the Christmas antho that was just out. Leads into this story!)Tied with a Bow

message 3: by Dina (new)

Dina Thanks for the tips, Zeek! First, I need to remember which book in the series I read last. ;)

Zeek oh- that could be! (view spoiler)

oh dont back down- people just seemed to be bandwagoning on the LL hate for some dumb reason- dont get me wrong some of her latest ones felt phoned in and had glaring issues, but c'mon if a book is hard to put down, its good and just because I was disappointed in some in the past doesnt mean I cant like her books ever again! yeesh

ok I'll post mine too! :)

message 5: by Dina (new)

Dina You girls are making me very, very curious, but I'm going to resist temptation and avoid the spoilers. Good to know that there's more to the series now than Cassie's story, because that was pretty much the only book I was decided to read after the last disappointments I had. Here I go, back to the Breeds!

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) I must of missed your 'spoiler' when I first read your review. Give food for thought. (view spoiler)

Zeek (view spoiler)

MelissaB I am still enjoying the books too Zeek :) And I will finish this one if I ever get the time, work and holiday crap are taking over right now.

Zeek BamaGal (Naysa) wrote: "Zeke, there is a review right beneath yours on Amazon that I got a laugh out of...."

i saw that too! haha!

Broken Wings- probably the only one I havent read by LL, well in her fantasy pnr stuff anyway. I keep hoping she'll add winged shifters to the main Breed sisters- she brought them in in Soul Deep (or was it Jacob's Faith?) and I really fell for them!

I agree about the continuing on. People keep trashing them but everytime I get to the breed stories, I have a hard time putting them down! So, I must be missing something. ::shrug::

message 10: by Zeek (last edited Dec 19, 2011 08:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zeek heh heh just got my first downvote on amazon. It's so obvious people are using that button as a "like" or "dislike" button rather than a "is this review helpful" button.

Always good for a laugh!

message 11: by Zeek (last edited Dec 19, 2011 10:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zeek oh no, i dont care either, just makes me laugh but yeah ever since the rise of popularity of blogs that think it's funny to be meangrrl on their reviews it seems to be worse. Everyone trying to make a name for themselves and the like. Deh perhaps twas always like that. Like the power of invisibility might- online anonymity dispenses of the need of morals and ethics and tears thru the thin veneer of a civil society.

Although the rabid fangrrls arent any better... ugh

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) @Zeek...(view spoiler)

message 13: by Anna (Bobs Her Hair) (last edited Dec 19, 2011 06:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Naysa wrote: Okay, I love the Breeds series dearly; but we all know about how much LL keeps up with the Canon she set up for the series. Do you think she even remembers that Rule is Lion and Ashely Coyote? lol

Who do you think is Rule's "girly mate" Anna?

LOL...not a clue about Rule's mate other than where he must have stumbled across her. There are so many Breeds that have mates (or possibly have mates and are unmated: Ely, Cassie, Emma, Brim...I know I'm forgetting a few.

message 14: by Zeek (last edited Dec 19, 2011 06:50PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zeek Good point anna and well countered Bama! HAHA!

well Rule's mate doesnt have to be a breed either I guess- maybe its Isabelle's sister? (Isabelle is mated with Malachi from (Tied with a Bow)- cant remember her name, The other Martinez girl who was friends with Liz also?

(view spoiler)

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Es posible. If she can't form a fist and is considered gentle then yes, it's possible for the Martinez girl's mate potential. I still haven't read Tied with a Bow, yet. I'm #11 in line at the library. :o(

message 16: by Zeek (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zeek awww! Do you have a kindle? Maybe i can loan mine to you? Its a short entry, but good and def. helps connect to Lawe's story...

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Thanks for the offer, Zeek, but I can wait. While I do have a Kindle, there's an Eileen Wilks story in Tied With a Bow and I need to read a few more books to read her short story. :o)

message 18: by Zeek (new) - rated it 4 stars