Brian's Reviews > Improved Lies

Improved Lies by Brian M. Kennedy

Jan 28, 08

(Review from the author)
Recommended for: Mystery- legal thriller lovers
Read in June, 2007

I am a brand new author. This is my first effort released January 15 2008. Reviews so far are good. Cinci Enquirer calls it: "A fresh look at the classic crime story." The Jamaica Gleaner says: "Difficult to put down." "Easily imagined as a Hollywood thriller." and "No doubt Kennedy can write." The Renfrew Mercury raves: "Kennedy writes with an insiders knowledge---""A number of colorful characters bring the story to life, not the least of whom is Edward's dog, Max."

What I am learning from the book is that writing is a labor of love and getting noticed is often love unrequited. I'd be very interested in feedback, likes and dislikes, character's worth saving for a sequel, style suggestions[e.g. less is more]or whether I should stick to day job as a Jamaican beach bum.

Rated it five stars because I've always been a poor critic of my own stuff. But,I think the book is a nice mix of mystery-thriller-courtroom drama with fresh characters. The milieu of murder,sex,golf,finance and human frailty provided a fertile landscape for plot development.

I hope you will like it and let me know as soon as I can figure out how to set up an author Q&A.

Brian M Kennedy
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Improved Lies.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Calilibrarian Hi Brian, your book looks good, I'm definitely going to read it! It sounds like you have some great experiences to bring to your novels. Best wishes!
Rochelle

Brian Dear Rochelle:

Thx for the interest and the kind words. Please let me know how you like it.

Brian