Cassie's Reviews > Grimspace

Jan 04, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi, read-in-2011
Recommended to Cassie by: Regina
Read from January 03 to 04, 2011

Great read. It was short enough to keep my attention throughout. There was a lot of action, some fake science, and a lot of intrigue. The plot seemed hasty and not well planned, but that didn't matter because the subplots were well-crafted.

I loved the humor in the book. The book was written in present tense, but where I usually find it harder to follow along, here it flowed well and added to the humor and to Jax's character. It started to devolve a little toward the end, and the ending itself was a bit abrupt and cheesy. I liked the relationship between Jax and March, though it was a little fast too. I liked all the characters in this book, actually. But, as I said, the ending was a little weird. It doesn't make me wonder about the next books.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grimspace.

01/03/2011 page 1
01/03/2011 page 133
43.0% "Jax is funny, and March reminds me of Barrons from the Fever series, only better."
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Regina I agree, the ending is the weakest part of this book and did not do the book justice. I think you will like the next three. I loved them.

Regina I just saw your status update: "Jax is funny, and March reminds me of Barrons from the Fever series, only better."

I never made this connection before, great point!

Cassie I'll definitely be reading the rest. Actually, I put this one on my to read list because of your review of one of the next ones, and I wasn't disappointed!

Regina Oh that makes me feel good. :) I think the next 3 are much more fleshed out and no more rushed solutions.