kari's Reviews > The Replacement

2207055
Jan 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011, ya
Read in January, 2011

I really enjoyed this book, start to finish and it definitely grabbed my imagination and kept me reading, waiting to find out what happened next.
Mackie is an interesting and unique character that I really cared about and hoped he would find a way to live in the world. I liked his growth during the story, how he figured things out, both about the world of Mayhem and about the human world where he's been living.
There could have been a bit less about the popular teenage girl. I kept wondering how she actually fit into the story as that seemed to almost be a separate story, but I think I understand how it related to Mackie's life experience and what he needed to figure out.
The story is very atmospheric, with the constant, rain and msit and cold.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Replacement.

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) I'm glad you liked it Kari! I've been wanting to read this for a while (and have HAD it for a while)... based on your review... I'll move it closer to the top now! ;) Thx!

kari Michele (CanadianTwiMom) wrote: "I'm glad you liked it Kari! I've been wanting to read this for a while (and have HAD it for a while)... based on your review... I'll move it closer to the top now! ;) Thx!"

Oh I really enjoyed it. It's creepy and you'll really like Mackie, I think. It's a complete story, too so don't worry about it being part of a series.

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) That hooked me... what you said about it not having a true cliffhanger. I like how some books tie up nicely, even if it's a series. I've heard of the creepiness factor, too! lol! The cover reminds me of that old horror movie It's Alive. It scared the bejeebers out of me! lol!

kari IT's a great read and I think you'll really enjoy it. I enjoy a series but I really want each book in it to feel complete.

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) Me too! I'll let you know once I've read it! :) Good review!

kari Yep, let me know so we can talk about it.

message 7: by Lea (new) - rated it 1 star

Lea I'm glad you enjoyed this book! I did not, but I know there are many who thought it was really good, so I guess this is just a case of personal preference...

kari Lea wrote: "I'm glad you enjoyed this book! I did not, but I know there are many who thought it was really good, so I guess this is just a case of personal preference..."

There were definitely some things I'd have liked to be different and it wasn't perfect, but I liked it quite a bit. I think because it was so different. I liked the style of her writing.