Candace's Reviews > 2nd Chance 2nd Chance

2nd Chance 2nd Chance by James Patterson

Jan 03, 11

liked it
bookshelves: women-by-or-about, mysteries, my-ebooks
Recommended to Candace by: my mother
Recommended for: mystery lovers, readers who enjoy strong positive female characters
Read from January 04 to 07, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** The second outing of the Women's Murder Club is a satisfying mystery with a decent number of twists and turns.

While the Club seems to be bonding every more tightly, they didn't have all that much to do in this story, compared to the last one.

The women are positive, strong female characters, but there are moments, just moments, when I feel that the writer is not a woman. Still Patterson and Gross do a fairly good job.

---Possible spoiler alert---

One big plot hole: If Coombs was on parole and had not reported in to his parole officer or had not informed him of his current address, then the cops had a legitimate reason to arrest him, detain him, and perhaps send him right back to the slammer. Yet the legal eagle states that there's absolutely nothing that ties him into the murders and no way to get at him. In the interests of stopping the sniper attacks, wouldn't it have made sense to have grabbed him on the parole violation and put him away? Then they could build their case without worrying about him committing another murder.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 2nd Chance 2nd Chance.