Khye Chwin's Reviews > Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught

Jan 04, 2011

bookshelves: historical-romance, hero-alpha, heroine-virgin-first-time, intelligent-heroine, spitfire-heroine, hero-duke-heir-to-dukedom
Read from January 03 to 05, 2011

Maybe because I've been reading Ms McNaught's 4 other historical books within a week, I didn't enjoy this book as much as I should have. One thing is for sure is that the similarities between these 5 books are typically defined where the heroines and heroes are described particularly good-looking. Well, it is not that I do not like the main characters appearing "perfect" in appearances, but it can be unrealistic sometimes. And I noticed that Ms. McNaught has a particular fondness for dukes because all these 5 books, the heroes are either already dukes or heir to dukedom. However, I must admit that I do like dukes A LOT. Perhaps because they are the most superior in the ton, it gives them the power to dominate and possess without caring about others' opinions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Heaven.

Quotes Khye Chwin Liked

Judith McNaught
“Ian saw the tears shimmering in her magnificent eyes and one of them traced unheeded down her smooth cheek.
With a raw ache in his voice he said, "If you would take one step forward, darling, you could cry in my arms. And while you do, I'll tell you how sorry I am for everything I've done - " Unable to wait, Ian caught her, pulling her tightly against him. "And when I'm finished," he whispered hoarsely as she wrapped her arms around him and wept brokenly, "you can help me find a way to forgive myself."
Tortured by her tears, he clasped her tighter and rubbed his jaw against her temple, his voice a ravaged whisper: "I'm sorry," he told her. He cupped her face between his palms, tipping it up and gazing into her eyes, his thumbs moving over her wet cheeks. "I'm sorry." Slowly, he bent his head, covering her mouth with his. "I'm so damned sorry.”
Judith McNaught, Almost Heaven