Book Elf's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

Jun 01, 11

bookshelves: my-bookshelf
Recommended for: everyone
Read from May 24 to June 01, 2011 — I own a copy

They said that the second book is better. Indeed it is!

Wow! No childish whims and pranks like in the first book. Well, a little perhaps, sometimes I still want to knock Meghan's head because of her silly ideas and weaknesses. But the story matured in here. So I wanted to hit her not so often as the in the first book (ha ha!). Very engaging. Thrilling. Lovely. I like the plot. I like the writing style. I like the story. I like the characters. Love it!

I noticed Julie Kagawa's style about having the title mentioned almost at the end of the story. So, I was thinking while reading, who the hell was the Iron Daughter all along. Who the hell was the false Iron King? Only the minions partake the whole bit of this book...so, must I get the 3rd book to see who these characters were? Of course! The story did not end here. Although, the end of the book was fantastic! (who the hell get's excited about being exiled? ME! -only on this book, that is!). And oh, I know who the Iron Queen is. At least this time, it came ahead. **wink-wink**

This Iron Daughter opened so many questions and I was really looking forward to the conclusion in the Iron Queen. I guess the realm for the Iron will be opened for the exiled ones. Hah! Cool Meghan was the "one" as in The Matrix here. She has a heart of a silly person and a determination of a queen. I was thinking if a person really is capable of loving twice at the same moment. One is strong love. One is weak. By the weak, I mean with Puck. I love the character of the Exile Queen. At least she knew how to do ambush make-over! Plus the coming back to school was treat! Not to mention the cat who saved Nevernever (do not bargain with the cat!). Loved Ironhorse! So loyal..tsk,tsk. I wish this becomes a movie....wish wish wish.

The love was strong and succumbed so I got butterflies in my stomach. And I thought I wouldn't like anything to do with YA with romance, but here you are! "Oh, Ash, never leave me again. Stay with me. Forever." (yun oh!)

Should I recommend this book? Without a doubt.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.

05/24/2011 page 77