Book Elf's Reviews > The Battle of the Labyrinth

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

Apr 08, 11

Read from April 04 to 08, 2011 — I own a copy

After reading this book, I felt that I was really edging to the end of the series. I am now anticipating a grand finale, so I hope the final book won't let me down. The Battle of the Labyrinth has the same humor as the other books of Percy Jackson. There were so many small quests, but relevant ones as the labyrinth was shifting. As it shifted, it complicated things and it became more exciting.

Now, I liked the part were Rachel came in. She was mortal and at least it gave a love affair of Percy Jackson to Annabeth a breather. (To tell you honestly, their affair is repulsive!) I also loved the part where Nico d' Angelo was revealed to be a powerful demigod son of Hades and Ghost King, and that he sided with Percy in the end.

I liked this book better because of the values the characters displayed. From Percy, Grover, Tyson, Nico and even Dionysus. Yes, (rolled eyes) him. I think it was the thing that made this book special than the others. The twist was also surprising. I just don't like the Annabeth-Luke nor the Annabeth-Percy part. And I was also glad about Percy's mom. She deserved someone to love her.

So, as usual, it will leave you hanging in the end. But that's the beauty of it. I crave for the next book.

This book deserved 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Battle of the Labyrinth.

04/04/2011 page 26