Mary Grace's Reviews > Soulless

Soulless by Gail Carriger

4202510
Jan 06, 11

Read from January 02 to 06, 2011

Soulless has been a great read and given me a fabulous journey and glimpse into the lives or vampires, werewolves, ghost and humans. The story of Soulless is about a preternatural(a person who is born soulless, Miss Tarabotti, and her adventures with the supernaturals. Being a preternatural, Miss Tarabotti is a force to be reckon with since being what she is makes her powerful against supernatural because she can make them mortal.

Soulless was fun, witty and entertaining. I loved the chemistry of the main characters, how Carriger pictured me a world not only of different race co-mingling yet retaining the whole vampire-werewolf conflict that I love. The fact that these supernaturals are accepted by society was an intriguing concept from the start. The banter between Lord Maccon and Miss Tarabotti always gave me a laugh. I also loved the supporting characters and their contribution to the story. I especially loved Lord Akeldama and all his antics. I think he's one of my favorite character in the book.

What disturbs me in the story was the constant reminder of Miss Tarabotti being Italian and an old maid. I mean, so? I just kept reading it and it was irritating. Another thing is the language, it takes a while to get used to but hey that's me. :)

Overall, Soulless was a worthy read. It was interesting, funny and memorable. I enjoyed every page of the book and time invested was worth it. Can definitely recommend Soulless and reading it does want you to read the next book. Carriger is a fantastic author and I would definitely read and recommend her work. As usual, a little caution to younger readers since the book contains violence and sexual content but asides that, enjoy your journey to the world of vampire, werewolves and parasols. :)SoullessGail Carriger

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soulless.

01/03/2011 page 68