Izzles25's Reviews > Soul Born

Soul Born by Kevin James Breaux

Apr 07, 11

Read from March 21 to April 07, 2011

Having won this book in a competition I was really excited to see what it was all about. I had found out about the author Kevin James Breaux from Twitter and from there I began to read his blog and learnt bits and bobs about the book from there. It sounded interesting and I am a really big fan of the genre fantasy and with all things magic so this book sounded right up my alley.

As soon as I started the book I knew I was in for a some surprises surrounding the characters and the storyline. I loved having the ability to chat and discuss the book with Kevin too it really helped me to find out and engage more with the characters and what they were going through.

All of the characters are interesting and the story is fast paced and edgy! They are all fresh and unique and Kevin has really worked hard to keep the storyline bold and different. I couldn't put it down because it is such a page turner and full of surprises as you read along.

The story discusses how certain characters are deeming their actions as good but just how good are they? Are they just doing what they believe to be right to get something they want and not seeing the bigger picture surrounding their actions?

I loved the book and I really think more people who like the genre should give it a try because it has great characters and the storyline definitely leaves you thinking about things and wondering what is going on right up until you are guided to the truth.
I will be telling people to read it and I think that I will read it alot more than just once!! :D
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Born.

03/21/2011 page 54
show 10 hidden updates…

Kevin Breaux Thanks so much for the nice rating and review. It was my pleasure, and a ton of fun, to chat with you about SOUL BORN. I enjoyed hearing your thoughts and feelings about the book as you read it, in fact, I feel the experience was invaluable on many levels.
Kevin