Kt's Reviews > Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

Jan 02, 11

Read in January, 2011

When Jane's horrible boss cans her and she goes off on a bender she thinks her life couldn't be more messed up. However when a drunk mistakes her for a deer and she gets changed into a vampire, she realizes how wrong she was. Her world is completely turned upside down with a sexy sire, new daylight restrictions, and her aunt's ghost now haunting her. Then it seems someone is determined to make her un-death a miserable experience when they keep framing her for murders. Meanwhile her family is determined to get a hold of the southern mansion she inherited, and they just won't take no for an answer.. She didn't ask for any of this, but she has to just take one day at a time like a good southern girl, or well, vampire.

This has to be one of the funniest books I have read in a long time. You really never know what is going to come out of Jane's mouth next, and I cannot count the number of times I burst out laughing at a ridiculous thing she said. I can see why her sire, Gabriel was so drawn to her. I highly doubt there is another person quite like her, and vampires do seem to like the unique. It makes sense when you consider their very long lives that they would seek out things or people that have the ability to surprise them, and Jane sure fits that bill.

The characters in this book are really great, all full of depth. From her awesome best friend Zeb, to the crude but amusing vampire, Dick, they all add a lot to the book. The only character that I wish there was a little more of would have been Gabriel. He remained mysterious for most of the book, and that really hindered their relationship from developing well. Sometimes that isn't a problem in other books, but I just don't think that fits the "tone" of this book. Perhaps in the next book their relationship will be more fully fleshed out.

The storyline is simple, but moves along quickly. Even though some of dangers were serious, the book was still very light and fun. I honestly don't think I've read about a more humorous character than Jane. I cannot wait to see what trouble she can get into next. She is extremely unpredictable, but that is what makes her the most fun. Very good book, that is a very fast and light read. I'm really glad I it and got to enjoy a lighter side of the paranormal genre.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs.

Quotes Kt Liked

Molly Harper
“I am your sire. I am to guide you through your first days as a vampire. Your first feeding is a rite of passage, a sacrament. It will not be wasted on some hormone-driven frenzy. This is why I wanted you to feed from me.”
“I will not drink it in a house, I will not drink it with a mouse. I will not drink it here or there, I will not drink it anywhere,” I wheezed, hoping I was able to communicate adequate sarcasm through the crippling belly cramps.
“Did you just quote Green Eggs and Ham?”
Molly Harper, Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs