Mateo's Reviews > Ball Don't Lie

Ball Don't Lie by Matt de la Pena

M 50x66
Jan 02, 11

bookshelves: 9th-grade-ir-books-miller

This book was about a 17 year old bad kid named Sticky. He had been thrown out of way too many foster homes because he's sloppy, doesn't follow the rules his parents, schools, and police give him, and cares only about his friends and basketball. Sticky is the best player in the streets. Almost nobody can block him from getting a dunk. After many wrong decisions like: breaking a window of a ferrari, stealing, drugs, sex, and getting into fights, etc. he finally becomes the basketball superstar he always wanted.
I can relate to sticky because we both have made wrong decisions that were later regretted. Even though mine weren't as horrible as his, and how his ended, I still have a good concept of a connection between us. Some of my friends persuaded me to get off track and schoolwork, as well as Sticky.
I give this book 5 stars because the author is super descriptive and writes that can be easily understood. The characters reminded me of characters in New York, in my neighborhood. I recommend this book to any Matt de la Pena fan or likes sports and drama.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ball Don't Lie.