Candice's Reviews > Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale

Jan 02, 11

bookshelves: picture-books
Recommended for: Sophie
Read in January, 2011

I will be reading more books by Mo Willems! This is a fun book, especially for children who have a favorite toy. The illustrations are cartoon people on sepia-toned photos. It's the story of a little girl, Trixie, who loses her favorite toy, Knuffle Bunny. Trixie can't talk yet, so her pleas to Dad are not understood. A fun thing about this book is that you can see what's happening if you look at the pictures, but the text shows a toddler and dad at increasing levels of frustration at not being able to communicate. Of course, it all works out in the end. There are two other Knuffle Bunny books and I intend to read both of them.

Incidentally, Mo Willems chose the name Knuffle from the Dutch word that means to snuggle or hug. You can pronounce it any way you want, but Trixie prefers to say ka-nuffle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knuffle Bunny.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carol My daughter (the librarian) got me started on Mo Willems. The DVD of Knuffle Bunny is So good too!

Candice Looks like there's a copy at the library. I will have to check it out. Thank you.