Andrea's Reviews > The Daylight War

The Daylight War by Peter V. Brett

Jan 02, 2011

liked it
Read from February 23 to March 16, 2013

Really not sure how to review this book. I have to say that I struggled for the first part because it was so hard to get in to, and with the constant flicking between times and people, it really started to grate. Only started to properly enjoy it towards the end and the big battles.

Arlen and Leesha were kinda annoying in this book. Leesha was especially annoying and only redeemed herself at the end, and only a little and Renna is just horrible, nothing about her is appealing and I cant stand reading about her at all. Rojer and his wives (two, so stupid) were really a good addition, and they added much to the story, and their addition to his music is brilliant.

I got entirely bored with Inevera and her long winded backstory. I just wanted to be caught up to the main story, and it took waaaaay to long to get there.

The best part of the whole book was the last few hundred pages, when the demons came and went all out for them, and it was only once it go to that stage, that I felt it was like the old book. And it was very good. Having Leesha, Arlen and Rojer back together really helped to add to the enjoyment of the story (ignoring Reena totally)

This book was ok, the ending made it worth it, and i certainly have a few new theories. And that ending? Wow!

Reading the next in the series for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Daylight War.

Damian Dubois Enjoying it so far?

Andrea The fact that I read an entire other series after just 30 pages probably says a lot... Re started it yesterday.