Ciri's Reviews > Matched

Matched by Ally Condie

Jan 02, 2011

it was ok
Read from January 02 to 06, 2011

To me , this book was just okay. But don't let my opinion put you off.

This book is about a girl names Cassia Reyes who on her 17th birthday will be 'matched'. Cassia has always trusted in the society and never before questioned them. The society makes everyone's choices and controls how they live their lives -what to read, what to watch, what to believe and who they will be married too. So when her best friend Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate. This is until she sees a boy named Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.The society tells her that this is a rare malfunction and that she should forget about it. But as Cassia starts spending more time with Ky, they slowly begin to fall in love. Cassia is then faced with the choice of living out the life she was meant to live with Xander or following her heart and breaking all the ruled to be with Ky.

This book was okay, in my opinion. It wasn't bad but it wasn't swoon-worthy. None of the characters really stood out to me but I did like how the romance in this book gradually built up as I'm sick of love stories where the girl is instantly throwing herself all over a guy. Ally Condie created an interesting world with the idea of The Society. Although most of the book was really slow I am looking forward to the next one as I want to know what happens with Cassia.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matched.

01/02/2011
01/04/2011
43.0% "This is a drag."
01/04/2011
52.0% 2 comments
01/06/2011
64.0% "I just want to finish it.."
show 6 hidden updates…

Lexi (Pink Jellyfish) how is this book? im curious :)

Ciri It's okay so far but I'm not far through xD

Ciri Mhm I'm putting it on hold to read At Grave End

Ciri yuuup xD

Lexi (Pink Jellyfish) wuts about?

Ciri A vampire hunter chick who falls in love with this sexy vampire lol

Lexi (Pink Jellyfish) O.o awsum really lol
bt aint she a mortal and he an immortal?

message 10: by Ciri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ciri Shes half vampire so yeah xD

Lexi (Pink Jellyfish) so shes immortal?

message 12: by Ciri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ciri Yup lol

Lexi (Pink Jellyfish) awsummmmmmm

message 14: by Ciri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ciri yeeeap

Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~ I have been dying to read this book for a while now. Has it gotten any better?

message 17: by Ciri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ciri I still haven't got very far through it xD but its okay so far.

Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~ I've seen a lot of bad review, I hope it isn't as bad as everybodys saying.

message 19: by Ciri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ciri It's kinda boring so far.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Just reading you first line makes me feel like the book would be some similar things as THE GIVER

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

really... if you guyz read 'the giver'' which i judged it was boring until i finished the book i was feeling like a fool -_-
Anyways the way the society would keep everyone same?0_0 mmmm im so readin this some day!