Ken's Reviews > The Dark Elf Trilogy Collector's Edition

The Dark Elf Trilogy Collector's Edition by R.A. Salvatore

Jan 14, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, drizzt, favorites
Read from January 02 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy

I love the characters of Drizzt and Guenhwyvar and its great to finally find out how Drizzt came to be an outcast of Menzoberranzan and how he acquired the black panther as his companion. You will come to appreciate these books more if you have read them after the Icewind Dale trilogy as it gives a rich background to Drizzt's old way of life and how much he did not fit in.

The first book Homeland gives a detail background of life in Menzoberranzan and here we see how Drizzt was brought up and how much he did not fit into this chaotic and evil Underdark city. It is also interesting to see the great Houses scheming and plotting against each other, waiting for another's downfall.

The second book Exile, which I felt was the weakest book of the trilogy but necessary as it shows the transition that Drizzt goes through from a savage lone hunter to a more complete self.

The final book Sojourn is action packed, filled with one battle after another, barghest whelps, stone giants, orc invasion and a red dragon! A great finisher to the trilogy that shows the journey Drizzt took from his birthplace Menzoberranzan to his real home in Icewind Dale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Elf Trilogy Collector's Edition.

01/04/2011
33.0% "Finished the first book."
01/09/2011
66.0% "Homeland and Exile done, only Sojourn left."
01/14/2011 page 750
92.0% "Aim to finish it tonight"