Gwen's Reviews > Deadly Little Lies

Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Jan 01, 11

Read in January, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Camelia is back and her sculpting has taken on a new form. Not only does she begin sculpting objects that foreshadowing something to come or something that has been, but she also starts hearing voices. Are they real voices coming from a new stalker or is she going crazy. That's what Camelia can't figure out. Then there's Ben. Is he in love with Camelia or is he not? Maybe he is the real stalker? Camelia will have to survive in order to find out the truth behind these Deadly Little Lies.

This book is fast-paced. I know people always say, "Once I started I couldn't put it down" and I think that is just a standard line to sell a book, but I was enthralled in this one. I only set the book down once and when I picked it up again, I didn't stop until I finished it (at 1:00am).

**********************************Spoilers from this point*************************************************

This book made me insane. I got so frustrated with Ben and Camelia in this one. Ok, I was frustrated with Ben in the first book too, but my frustration grew in this one. First he wants space, but then he doesn't as much space as Camelia is giving him. She tries to put her feelings aside, but then he shows up again and her feelings for him are back. I wish he would have made up his mind earlier, but he at least gets his act together by the end of the book. If the next one starts with him wavering again, I'm going to scream.

As for Camelia, when will the girl ever learn to tell her parents what is going on. Once again her life is put in jeopardy because she doesn't talk. Granted this instance isn't as bad as the one with Matt, although Debbie was going to stab her with scissors, but the danger is over more quickly. I'm also wondering, with 3 more books to come in this series, how many more psycho people are still living in this town? Will we have to change locations in order to have another mystery and life threatening situation?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Lies.