Joe's Reviews > Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales

Necronomicon by H.P. Lovecraft

Jan 01, 11

bookshelves: horror, pulp, classics

Under normal circumstances I am not one to goggle at commemorative editions of novels or stories. For me it is the content that counts the most, not the presentation. But this commemorative edition is just too good not to praise. As a collection of Lovecraft stories in general, commemorative or not, it is very complete. All the essential tales are here, including the Radolph Carter/Dream-Cycle tales, and the often overlooked Herbert West: Reanimator. To any Lovecraft virgin simply looking to find an reasonably complete collection under one cover I recommend this book.

And the presentation is excellent. it has a nice faux-;eather cover, and the famous Gahan Wilson map of Arkham on the endpages. While the paper stock is not up to the standards of a good hardback, it is certainly above average for a paperback. The book is nicely illustrated with pen & drawings. While individual pictures may sport images not directly related to the story they may be found in, they all have a nicely Lovecraftian them to them.

This book would make a fine addition to the restricted section of the Miskatonic University Library.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Necronomicon.