Lillie's Reviews > Out for Blood

Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey

Jan 04, 11

bookshelves: arc-galley, bloomsbury, for-review, received-for-promotion, received-from-publisher, series, review-copy, ya, book-or-blog-tour
Read from January 01 to 02, 2011

My Review:
The Drake Chronicles resumes, this time following the relationship of Hunter Wild, and Quinn Drake. First of all, can I say how much I love the name Hunter Wild? She is very aptly named, as the first page of the book states. How could this character NOT turn out to be a kick-ass girl, who tries her best to do her family of hunters proud?

Though there were times that Hunter seemed very head-strong, there was never any doubt in my mind while reading, that she is a formidable person. Whoever she decided to be with, would have to match her wits, resourcefulness, and drive. Enter Quinn. Ok, he is a playboy and very full of himself, but I liked how Harvey wrote him as a more typical teen boy. And his being a vampire, did not overwhelm his very human-like personality.

OUT FOR BLOOD has danger, action, mystery and romance from the outset. I was sent on a pretty fast rollercoaster ride through Hunter and Quinn's relationship. And, I enjoyed the ride immensely. There was no wishy-washy love triangle, and the mystery surrounding the students' illnesses, along with the unusual reactions of the Hel-Blar vampires, revealed itself without me feeling that it was too rushed or too drawn-out. Everything that I wanted from a good YA paranormal, I found here.

3.5/5 for plot
4/5 for characters
3.5/5 for language

My Rating: 11/15 (3.5 stars)

Recommended, if you liked:

Darkest Powers (series) by Kelley Armstrong
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
White Cat by Holly Black

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out for Blood.

01/01/2011
01/01/2011
86.0% "Like. Like very much."