Jessica's Reviews > My Love Lies Bleeding

My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey

Jan 01, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 15-vampires
Recommended for: Hardcore fans of this genre
Read from January 22 to 23, 2011 — I own a copy

Another half-star rating...3.5 stars

I was looking for a nice and fluffy YA vampire story with likeable characters, some good laughs, a swoon-worthy male character, an interesting plot but nothing too complicated, basically just a quick read to take my mind off things and that’s exactly what I got. Is the story deep and meaningful? No, definitely not. Is it original? Nope. Is it fun? Hell yes!

Really, there’s nothing extraordinary about this book and the plot is pretty predictable but still, I enjoyed it a lot.

The story’s told from two POVs, Lucy’s and Solange’s and just like everybody else I enjoyed Lucy’s story more. You just got to love Lucy! She’s funny, strong and fiercely protective of her best friend. I liked Solange, too, but Lucy was clearly my favorite.

I also liked the whole Drake clan and I loved how they treated Lucy like part of their family.

The romance part was also nicely done. Well, you know me. I’m a sucker for guys like Nicholas. (Yeah, yeah, before any of you says something I want to point out that I am wearing my cougar t-shirt here, so shut it *winks*)

There’s not much more to say, I liked this, I just ordered the other two books in the series and even if the story wasn’t very original it did have a high fun factor.

Oh, and one more thing. Can someone explain to me how to cross one's eyes smugly? ‘Cause I tried it and believe me, it looked dumb and definitely not smug.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Love Lies Bleeding.

01/22/2011 page 123
48.0% 3 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Jessica I really need something supernatural now.

Nicole This is a very easy read, enjoy!

~Tina~ <3!

oliviasbooks You will love it. It's exactly the kind of book you like and I don't. I am slowly getting the hang of this.

Jessica LOL, Olivia! I'm really curious now... :)

~Tina~ She's right, you will love it:)

message 7: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I agree with them all!

Jessica And I think all of you are right. So far, I'm really enjoying it :)

message 9: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Have you finished Fall For Anything already?

Jessica Yeah ^^ I just couldn't stop *grins sheepishly* I'm not really sure how to rate it, though. Probably 3 or 4 stars...

message 11: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic LOL. I think only vampires can cross eyes smugly!

~stands next to Jessica in her cougar shirt~ I love Nicholas too! Great review :)

message 12: by Arlene (new)

Arlene LOL Jessica! I think you have to snear at the same time that you're crossing your eyes. I think I got it, but I might have just accoplished the WTF look, so who knows. ^^

~Tina~ Great review Jess! Your right, these books are just pure fun! Hope you enjoy the rest:)

Yeah, I'm with twinie on the vamp theory about crossed eyes LOL

message 14: by Jessica (last edited Jan 23, 2011 02:19PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica Hahaha XD Well, I guess this falls into the same category as "curling one's lip" or "baring one's teeth". Do you bare your teeth at people? I certainly don't and I still haven't mastered the art of curling my lip. I tried, but it didn't work. You can ask Kim, she was there ^^

Thanks guys! Tina, I'm pretty sure I will like the rest :)

Nic, that cougar t-shirt looks good on you ;) I'm a little bummed that the next book isn't told from Lucy's/Solange's POV but I really like Logan so I think it will be a hit for me nevertheless.

Arlene: ROFL XD Please take a picture ^^

message 15: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic The 4th book will be part of Lucy's view (that has been confirmed). And also believe the 5th book as well :)

message 16: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Jess, I actually reached over for my BB to do that... but I don't think it's a flattering look for me. Hahahaha

~Tina~ I simply adore Nicholas, he's my favorite Drake!
Book 4 and 5 are some of my most anticipated!!

message 18: by Lora (new) - added it

Lora I need to start on these books soon. Awesome review, Jess:)

Jessica Thanks Lora :)

Oh goody, in this case I'm really looking forward to book 4 and 5 :)

message 20: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim I can do it! *crosses her eyes smugly*

Love the review babe

Jessica Really? Wow, I'm impressed, Kim :) Not that I don't believe you but would you mind taking a picture of your smugly crossed eyes? ;-)

Thanks hon! :)

message 22: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim I keep trying but I can't get the right angle right because I'm well, crossing my eyes smugly, obviously.

And before you ask: Yes I can type blind.