Megan Tiscareno's Reviews > We Need to Talk About Kevin

We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

Mar 12, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from March 08 to 12, 2011

What can I say? This book was wordy, unbelieveably so. Because of the wordiness and the sheer pretentiousness of the words, I found it incredible hard to believe or relate to Eva. I oscillated between feeling flat out disgust at the things that this mother said and thought about her own son, to understanding some of her thought process and feeling frustration with the husband of the story. While I'm glad that I did decide to go ahead and finish the book (simply because the ending through me), I wouldn't necessarily recommend this book at all. I think that this story would have been told so much better if the Eva, the main narrator through these letters, was more personable, lovable, grief stricken, something.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Need to Talk About Kevin.

03/09/2011 page 20
5.0% "I've barely gotten into this book, but it's very wordy, for no reason. I can already see that it might be painful reading."

Chelsea I know what you mean, I found it REALLY HARD to relate to her until you finally find out what her son did - then I understood her. I didn't dislike what she said about her son because honestly sometimes people feel that way about their kid. but ty for reading it !!