Paul Sidwell's Reviews > 48 Days to the Work You Love: Preparing for the New Normal

48 Days to the Work You Love by Dan Miller

Jan 01, 11

bookshelves: read-2010
Read in December, 2010

Great book about helping you find, change, or create the work you are doing into something more meaningful. This book is based upon the belief that God has placed all of us here for a purpose, and in working within our greatest strengths and doing things that give us the most energy (instead of draining us), we will find the most fulfillment and success.

There are several things that need changing:
First, this edition is missing day 41. I had to search online for that day's activity. Found it pretty easily, but still. It would be great for the editor to be whipped and beaten for missing detail, and the video posted on YouTube for all to see.
Second, the order of activities should be rearranged so that the daily reading and writing activities coordinated more closely with what one may likely be experiencing during this process.

Overall, a great book full of easy-to-follow principles that anyone can use to create the work they love.

Highly recommend the self-assessments mentioned in the book. Another free one not listed in this book that I recommend can be found at and another at

Thanks, and best of luck to you in 2011!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 48 Days to the Work You Love.