Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Awaken Me Darkly

Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter

Jan 01, 11

bookshelves: ya-futuristic
Read in March, 2006 — I own a copy

Mia Snow is an alien huntress who doesn't like other-worlders and works for A.I.R. in the city of New Chicago. In a time when aliens walk amongst us. She heads an invastigation about a series of killings involving something that goes much deeper than first appears and winds up affecting her personally on many levels.

This is my first Gena Showalter book and I will definitely return for more. And not only to the Alien books! She delivers a wonderful, layered and rich story weaved with mystery and terrific characters. The A.I.R agents are a total blast -- all of them! And Mia Snow is as tough as nails, though she's usually underestimated by the opponent.

I loved the voice, it was flowing, smooth and richly descriptive in a way that made my senses tingle like I was in every scene - watching from a corner. Such an amazing experience reveals a deep character with flaws, real pain and a past that had me sighing, WOW! I just didn't want to put the book down until I knew what was going to happen... and so I sat down until I got to the end today. And wasn't disappointed.

And let's not forget about Kyrin en Arr. Woah, excellent character and I love the way she described the Arcadian race. Beautiful. Mia and Kyrin have a great love-hate-can't-stop-fighting-each-other chemistry that sizzles -- of course, she's doing most of the ass-kicking!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaken Me Darkly.