Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Working for the Devil

Working for the Devil by Lilith Saintcrow

Jan 01, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, adult-futuristic
Read in March, 2006 — I own a copy

I've gotta say, this book hooked me in from the very beginning. From page one I wanted to keep reading, and reading so I could find out what would happen next. And there was absolutely nothing predictable about Danny or the world she lives in.

There are necromances, hedgewitches, healers, shamans, demons and even the Devil himself! Honestly, this paranormal world of the future was outstanding in description and the way it functioned. Danny Valentine is a necromance with outstanding power. One rainy afternoon she gets an unexpected visit from a demon called Japhrimel, claiming Lucifer wants to see her. He's got a job for her, one she has no choice but to take - she needs to kill a demon called Santino and retrieve something the Devil calls the Egg.

The adventure is great and Danny's past intriguing! I enjoyed every minute of it and loved all the wonderful characters introduced in this book. I truly can't wait to see what happens next in this series... absolutely awesome!

If you're looking for a terrific book with a tough heroine, terrific cast and interesting quest -- you have to check this one out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Working for the Devil.