Jeffery Moulton's Reviews > The Black Unicorn

The Black Unicorn by Terry Brooks

Jul 16, 12

bookshelves: light-fantasy, favorites
Read from May 08 to July 16, 2012, read count: 5

One of my favorite book of all time and the high point of the entire Magic Kingdom series. Edgewood Dirk, one of the primary characters (a fairy cat) is one of the greatest characters ever created and I return to this book, again and again for him alone. The rest of the story is great as well, but for me it is Dirk who elevates this book to amazing status.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Unicorn.

Quotes Jeffery Liked

Terry Brooks
“Who would you be but who you are?”

Terry Brooks
“Deception is mostly a game we play with ourselves.”

Terry Brooks
“There are many forms of magic in this world, High Lord. Some come in large packages, some in small. Some work with fire and strength of body and heard ... and some work with revelation.”

Terry Brooks
“Might have, could have, may have, should have—the haves and have nots reduced to pointless possibilities.”

05/14/2012
15.0% "Still really love this book. I wonder if I will enjoy it as much as I did as a teen. This was my favorite book for a very long time. Wish I had more time to read it."
05/15/2012
20.0% "Deception is mostly a game we play with ourselves. ~ Edgewood Dirk"
05/17/2012
30.0% "What cat is not better equipped than any human to do anything that needs to be done?
~ Edgewood Dirk"
05/20/2012
30.0% ""There are many forms of magic in this world.... Some come in large packages, some in small. Some work with fire and strength of body and heart ... and some work with revelation." ~ Edgewood Dirk"
05/20/2012
30.0% ""So few humans listen to anything a cat has to say." ~ Edgewood Dirk"
05/20/2012
30.0% ""Let the stillness be.... Do not disturb it. If you are able, listen to its voice—but let it be." ~ Edgewood Dirk"
07/16/2012
30.0% "Going to have to reshelve this one for the moment. Too many other things on my reading list for the moment."