KIKA's Reviews > Of Thee I Sing: A Letter To My Daughters

Of Thee I Sing by Barack Obama

620728
Dec 31, 10

bookshelves: lovelies

This book is something special. I saw it on the rack at B&N and sat down to take a quick look. But as soon as I began reading, I knew it wasn't going to be just a quick look through.

President Obama writes the book as if it were a letter to his daughters. The story or letter, as it were is lovingly written and the illustrations beautiful.

Obama begins each page with

"Have I told you . . ."

Telling his girls how wonderful, strong, and kind they are. Subsequently highlighting a historic figure from American history that emulates these characterisics. From Jackie Robinson to Abe Lincoln, I smiled and shook my head with pride as I read about each and every figure. My favorite part is at the end, after 13 strong historic figures are highlighted, he writes.. .

"And have I told you that they are part of you.

and You one of them."

Beautiful I tell you just beautiful. It gave me such delight to read this book to my little sisters.---and to be honest to read it all on my own, many times. It warmed me to the chore. A well written book indeed.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Thee I Sing.

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate I like your review :) I'll put it on my to-read list and look forward to reading it.

KIKA Thanks =) I'll be looking out for your review, hope you like it!