Fernando's Reviews > The End of Wall Street

The End of Wall Street by Roger Lowenstein

Jan 12, 11

Read from December 30, 2010 to January 11, 2011

I liked the book, especially how it is written (as opposed to what it said). The storyline is engaging and has some great anecdotes and insider insights. However, 85% of it I remember reading in the newspapers as the crisis was unfolding. It is nice to have it well put together in one single place though.

I also thought the last chapter was unnecessary. It was preachy and none of the conclusions followed from the story told in the book. The last chapter almost became a justification for the title, which was chosen to sell more than anything I suppose.

In terms of the economics, which I am always acutely evaluating, I concede the author goes beyond most other authors I know in trying to preserve the integrity of technical knowledge. I still found many passages that I would delete or modify based on how incorrect they are, but after all, it's a book and not a PhD thesis. I would definitely give Mr. Lowenstein a second chance in his next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The End of Wall Street.