Blaine's Reviews > The Complete Brandstetter

The Complete Brandstetter by Joseph Hansen

Oct 29, 2013

bookshelves: 2013, 2010, 2011, m-m, mystery-suspense, anthology, novel, quiltbag, romance, series
Read from December 31, 2010 to October 20, 2013 — I own a copy

I absolutely LOVE this series.
Dave is an intriguing character to read about, and easy to fall in love with. It kept me on my toes and I purposefully read it in parts, because I didn't want it to end too soon...
still ended too soon, but so worth the read!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Brandstetter.

12/31/2010 page 286
24.0% "I'm reading it book by book, so finished 3, onto the 4th ... soon"
01/16/2011 page 379
32.0% "Have now read 4 of the books. I already know that I'll have to reread this complete series at one point, Somehow I can never guess who did it, I must be missing something! Love the characterisation!"
02/14/2011 page 579
48.0% "Loved Skinflick and Randy Van's character. Both Skinflick and Gravedigger seemed to be getting to Dave much more than the other books had, especially with Amanda's boyfriend going after Dave. Dave does put himself through the paces, doesn't he? I liked Cecil's return in Gravedigger. hated the ending and ended up reading the first page(s) of the 7th book, so I could sleep knowing if Cecil was all right ..."
01/21/2013 page 583
48.0% "and I finally started the next book (even if only cause I'd mispaced the book I was reading...)"
01/28/2013 page 797
66.0% "page 776-782: Oh... Cecil... you didn't...
You're heart's in the right place, but... *sigh* I can't believe you just went out and did that.
*keeps reading to find out how that's going to work out*"
01/29/2013 page 889
74.0% "The annoying thing about this series is that I wanted to stretch it out, didn't want to read all books in one go... but I just can't seem to make myself stop *sigh*
I want to know what happens!"
01/31/2013 page 951
79.0% "Have I mentioned I much I love Dave and Cecil? No? Well... I do :D

Though... will I be able to stop reading after this one? Or will I read through to the end of all twelve?"
01/31/2013 page 989
82.0% "Finished the tenth one, and actually managed NOT to start the eleventh right away. Going to take a little break, and then read the rest.

I absolutely loved this one--Obedience--though. I loved how Dave is aware of his growing limitations and questioning whether he should have taken this job. Loved the intrigue, and loved Cecil :)"
10/29/2013 marked as: read