Andrea (mrsaubergine)'s Reviews > Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Jan 02, 11

Read from December 30, 2010 to January 02, 2011

I chose this book from the Kindle bestsellers' list for three reasons: 1) the yummy title; 2) the accompanying recipes; and 3) it was cheap - $US2.99.
It was an easy read with a very basic plotline, but there were numerous characters to keep track of and by about halfway through I realised I was keen to find out whodunnit. Prior to that I had been mostly annoyed at the ineptitude of the police - why give a rookie detective sole charge of the biggest crime in town, which ended up being a double homicide? No wonder he had to rope in the local baker (LOL)- and at the heroine's treatment of her young offsider, who seemed to do more than her fair share of the baking and catering duties while Hannah ran off solving the murder(s).
In the end, though, I enjoyed this book and will probably read the others in the series. While reading, I kept thinking of Murder She Wrote, and now I discover the author's website is called "Murder She Baked". Angela Lansbury would probably approve.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder.

12/30/2010