Stella ☢FAYZ☢ Chen's Reviews > A Monster Calls

bookshelves: all-time-favourite
Recommended to Stella by: Myself
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from March 16 to 18, 2012

Who was the one who said she will never cry while reading a book but totally did while reading a Patrick Ness' book? That's right.

This girl.

Never have I read a more moving story than this one. This book is more than just a young adult book. It's a book that will teach everyone something about love and life. It will teach you how to deal with your inner monster and how to heal when seemingly the worst thing has just happened. This book is truly magical.

I'm so proud to say that I am a MEGA Patrick Ness' fan. Every word he writes carries an extraordinary glow with it. I can't stress enough for everyone to pick this book up and spend an afternoon with it. You will not regret it.

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Monster Calls.

Quotes Stella Liked

Patrick Ness
Stories are the wildest things of all, the monster rumbled. Stories chase and bite and hunt.

Patrick Ness
“You do not write your life with words...You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do.”

Patrick Ness
Stories are wild creatures, the monster said. When you let them loose, who knows what havoc they might wreak?

Patrick Ness
“There is not always a good guy. Nor is there always a bad one. Most people are somewhere in between.”

Patrick Ness
“I wish I had a hundred years, she said, very quietly. A hundred years I could give to you.”

Wendy Darling Ohhh. :)

message 2: by Justin (new) - added it

Justin DAT STELLA. Making me want to read books I never would have heard of in the first place. XD

And other people of course. :3