Lowed's Reviews > A Great and Terrible Beauty

Jan 27, 11

bookshelves: books-read-2011
Recommended for: YA fans
Read from December 30, 2010 to January 06, 2011 — I own a copy

Terrible beginning, Great Ending. It made me think of Patricia Mckillip's Solstice Wood.

That seemed like a very short review. Anyway, I guess that was just an answer to a previously-read-review. And it's true, the writing isn't that appealing, the characters are a hateful bunch of girls. Okay, I exagerate, they're not really hateful. Well, maybe a bit.! Ü

But all you have to do is you've got to stick with it. It gets better halfway.!
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Great and Terrible Beauty.

message 1: by Tintin (new)

Tintin I was just about to get this one when I read reviews about how slow it was and not that great. Your review confirms what I've read. A book that only gets better halfway through? I'll pass...

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma I can't remember how I felt when I first started AGaTB, but by the time I finished the Gemma Doyle Trilogy, it belonged on my favorite books shelf.

Lowed Prose for books 2 and 3 were superb! I just don't have the guts to like that annoying girl Ann. :(

message 4: by bho (new) - added it

bho But all you have to do is you've got to stick with it. It gets better halfway.! >> I'm taking your word on this one.I dropped this one a few months back..I'll try to give it another go~