Michelle's Reviews > These Things Hidden

These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf

Jan 11, 2011

bookshelves: fiction-i-love

WOW! The last 50 pages of this book were crazy! So much happened and it was amazing how Gudenkauf tied it all together. She does a wonderful job of creating these characters, giving them all enough compassion to feel for and pain to hurt for. The only real critism I have is that Gudenkauf goes back and forth between first and third person narration depending on whose chapter it is. I wish it would have all been one or the other, I understand that all first person could get cumbersome for the audience to read since there are 4 characters stories but it kept taking me out of the book switching back and forth. I dont remember The Weight of Silence doing that and it was also written from multiple points of view. Overall it was a great read and I WILL be recommending it!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Things Hidden.

message 1: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Wow, this sounds really intriguing. Is it any good?

Michelle so far so good! Did you read Weight of Silence? Its the same format, told from different peoples perspective but still in a straight story line. I really wanted to have it finished by tomorrow but thats not gonna happen!

message 3: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline No, Christian talked it up but my tolerance for stuff off the fiction wall is pretty low. Especially sad stuff. Making it through Little Bee though. Can't tell yet if it's going to be an upper or a downer.