AH's Reviews > Marked

Marked by Elisabeth Naughton

Nov 13, 11

bookshelves: alpha-males, demons, first-in-series, greek-mythology, paranormal, zzread-oct-2011, romance, babr-reviews
Read from October 19 to 22, 2011

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that a novel containing elements of Greek mythology, mysterious beefy guys, and Greek gods talking in our everyday speech would be been such a fun read. Marked melds together all these aspects and more. The dialogue is a little cheesy, the transitions are a little choppy, but all in all, an entertaining read. And come on, have you ever heard a come on line like this? “I’ll need to sleep with you to make sure you’re my soul mate.”

In Marked, the Argoleans live their long, oblivious lives in Argolea, far from humans. Theirs is a patriarchal society; women are expected to obey their parents. The Argoleans are protected by the Argonauts who are able to travel between Argolea and our realm. Some Argoleans were known to have relations with humans resulting in a mixed race known as the Misos. The Misos live in colonies and hide from the daemons that are sent to hunt them down.

Theron is sent to find his betrothed’s sister. Isadora is dying and the only way she will live is if he finds her sister. Theron focuses in on Casey, but is injured when she is attacked by daemons. Casey nurses Theron back to health. Theron heals quickly and they share some sexy moments together.

This is a fun, sexy book to read. Argonauts, daemons, swordfights, and Greek gods – it’s all there. A great start to the series and I can’t wait to read more.

Review posted on Badass Book Reviews.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marked.

10/19/2011 page 90

Mrs. Badass I liked her Stolen series better, but this series has it's merits

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH I really enjoyed the two books in the Stolen series that I've read. I figured I'd want to try her other stuff later on this year.

Greta is Erikasbuddy LOLZ! I think the demons in the Immortals After Dark have to sleep with their woman, and get her preggers on the first try, to know she's his mate ;) But most awesome!

Love me a beefcake story! Rawr!