Martha's Reviews > The Patriot Paradox

The Patriot Paradox by William Esmont

Dec 30, 2010

bookshelves: first-reads-win, fiction-contemporary, read-in-2011, thriller, paperback, signed-by-author
Recommended to Martha by: First Reads win
Read from January 15 to 22, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

The Patriot Paradox starts off with a bang (literally -- there's a murder) and then takes off on a non-stop race from Peru to Washington, DC, London, and Moscow. Along the way there are spies, double agents, terrorists, and a nuclear bomb. Reluctant hero Kurt Vetter teams up with Amanda Carter to locate the bomb and stop its detonation.

I really enjoyed this book. The writing is clear and vivid, and I could easily visualize the action unfolding as if on a movie screen. I would be interested in reading more if author William Esmont decides to turn this into a series.

I did have one small problem with the book, though. The copy I read is not marked as an advance reader's copy or uncorrected proof, but I felt it could have benefited from a good proofreading. For me, errors in spelling, punctuation, etc., interrupt the flow of a story; but then, I'm rather picky, and other readers may not be bothered in the same way.

I won this book on First Reads on Dec. 15, and I received it on Dec. 30. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks, William!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Patriot Paradox.

message 1: by William (new) - added it

William Esmont You're welcome Martha. I'm glad it arrived before the end of the year!

message 2: by William (new) - added it

William Esmont This is indeed the beginning of a series. Look for the second installment sometime over the summer.

Martha @William: That's good news! I'll be looking forward to reading that one!