Crosby's Reviews > I Met the Walrus: How One Day with John Lennon Changed My Life Forever

I Met the Walrus by Jerry Levitan

M 50x66
Dec 30, 10

Read in December, 2010

I wanted to read at least one book over the holidays but have little time so when my daughter Cami gave me this for Christmas, I thought it was the ideal book since it quite short and about a subject I have been interested in for 40 plus years--popular music. It served to re-kindle some of the feelings I remember having back in the 60's and also was a nice reminder that sometimes it happens that those who say you can't do something end up seeing you pass them by just because you want it bad enough. Levitan was (and is) over the edge devoted to Lennon but passion for something is seldom a trait for which one should have to apologize--he certainly doesn't and he doesn't need to. The book is written by him to celebrate his hero and it's obvious that's all that matters to him. This is barely a book in some ways and very much so in other ways--and therefore, for me, not something I choose to finalize with a rating.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Met the Walrus.