Vanessa's Reviews > Faefever

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 13, 11

bookshelves: series, paranormal-other, 2011-finish, science-fiction-fantasy, own
Read from January 11 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy

Wow, so much better than the first two books. I was riveted almost from the beginning. I had to stop and actually be productive during the 1st half but once I hit the middle, I had to read the rest, almost all in one sitting. I'm afraid I neglected a few chores around the house. It's a good thing I made chili this morning in the crock pot so I was able to concentrate on the book.

All the characters are becoming much more interesting and there seems to be more of them. All the different factions vying for dominance, it literally makes my head swim. And yet, with all of it's paranormal elements, I could still follow it and the flow was good.

I'm glad I found this author with a little help from my friends and wonderful Goodreads. I am also enjoying her Highlander series. In the past, I've pretty much been avoiding all things paranormal, but like some fantasy and have read other books about fae and found them interesting. So here I am, being sucked in and loving it. I'm not guaranteeing I'll become a big vampire book fan, but am enjoying the fae immensely. I'm looking forward to reading the next one in the series.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faefever.

Quotes Vanessa Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“Nobody looks good in their darkest hours. But it's those hours that make us what we are.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I moistened my lips. His gaze fixed on them. I think I stopped breathing.
He jerked so sharply away that his long dark coat sliced air, and turned his back to me. “Was that an invitation, Ms.Lane?”
“If it was?” I asked, astonishing myself. What did I think I was doing?
“I don’t do hypotheticals. Little girl.”

Karen Marie Moning
“As I moved deeper into the room, his gaze dropped to my feet, and worked its way back to my face. I was wearing faded jeans, boots, and a snug pink Juicy T-shirt I got on sale at TJ Maxx last summer that said I’m a Juicy girl.
“I bet you are,” he murmured.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alyssa I'm so glad you're enjoying this series! The great thing is, the next book is even better :). You just thought the cliffhanger in this one was good, just wait until Dreamfever.

Vanessa I know, I was really hooked this time. Thanks for making me stick with it. I already have at least 20 things checked out from the library and I had to put Shadowfever on hold anyway.

Just as a sidebar, I am never going to get rid of these books on my shelves with this addiction I have to the library. Every time I go in there, I just can't seem to help myself. I picked up 10 holds the other day, and have 5 waiting. I can't possibly read all of them that fast, but what can I do? I think I've gone a little crazy.

Alyssa I suffer from the same craziness, so you're not alone, lol!