Davina's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Jan 14, 11

bookshelves: teen-fiction-coming-of-age, teen-romance
Read in January, 2011

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I will cut and paste what I wrote on the UAPL Teen blog. Cause I'm lazy like that. ;)

Have you ever read a book that, when you finish, you want to go back and start it all over again? This is one of those books. Romantic, frustrating, awkward (in a good way), honest, and hey, let’s face it, being set in Paris is pretty much the cherry on top.

Anna, looking forward to her senior year at high school in her hometown of Atlanta, Georgia, is floored when she finds out that her father–-a bestselling author of trite beach novels–-is sending her to an American school in Paris, France. Alone. No parents, no best friend, no almost-boyfriend. Oh, and she doesn’t know any French other than “croissant” and “oui.”

Sobbing on her first night in her new dorm room, she hears a knock and is befriended by next-door neighbor Mer, who later introduces her to friends Rashmi, Josh, and beautiful, British, charismatic Etienne. . . with whom she immediately falls in lust. . . and who also has a serious girlfriend named Ellie.

I won’t give all the details, but what is most important to know about this book is what it isn’t: it isn’t some sappy, teen romance novel that you forget three days after reading. Instead, it is a well-written story about a girl out of her comfort zone who does her best to resist being overwhelmed by fear, loneliness, self-pity. . . and love.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

Kate Hastings Thank you for "making"me read this. I've almost had 2 accidents and I now want to live in my car so I can finish it. Oh-- and contemplating new baby.