Bodea's Reviews > Hemlock

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock

Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: arcs
Read in April, 2012

First, as I was writing this review, I said, what the heck? Why not four stars? Though this book wasn’t anything new, it was well written, I genuinely liked all of the characters, and the plot held my interest the entire way though. Second, I’m going to dive right into a spoiler (view spoiler) This may be a drawback for some readers, but I still enjoyed the story despite how awesomely smart I am ::grinning hard::.

Enough about my smarts, I don’t have anything bad to say about the actual story. I will say that the summary is kind of misleading. At any rate, the writing was perfect for this story. The pace was great and once I started reading, I couldn’t stop. I liked the setting and that the author created a society in which the existence of werewolves isn't a secret to the general public. I also appreciate that these werewolves aren’t a total cliché. The characters are well developed, even the secondary characters. I loved the relationship between the four friends. Yes, even the dead one. I think it’s great that even though Amy is already gone when the book starts, we do get to know a bit about her over the course of the story.

I also really liked Tess and hope to see more of her in the next book. This may be crazy, but (view spoiler)

There was a triangle in this book. Well, it was more like a quad plus one that turns into a triangle. That doesn’t make any sense you say? Well, read the book! I really liked the romance angle though. It was realistic, slow, and sweet. (view spoiler) The ending was both sweet and sad. All in all, this was a fun read to pass the time with. I can also honestly say that I am really looking forward to finding out what happens with ALL of the characters next. Can't wait for the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hemlock.